Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A bad start of 2009!

I certainly hope 2009 improves!


Well 2008 ended with all the drama with my Mom. She continues to get IV treatments at the emergency room twice a day. She has 3 weeks left of that. She may also have to have another surgery. Then last week my Grandma had her uterus removed. She thought she was done with it. LOL! I guess it was slipping and they thought it would just be best to remove it. She is doing fine. Then Sunday my 81 year old grandfather thought he should shovel some snow off the sidewalk so the farm cats paws would not be so cold when they ate. He ended up with chest pains and my Dad took him to the hospital. They did some testing and today he had open heart surgery, quadruple bypass! He is doing well so far. They are waiting for him to wake up yet then last I talked to Mom. He will be in intensive care for a couple days and then will move him to a room. So we plan on going over Saturday. My grandparents are unbelievable people. They just celebrated their 61st anniversary on January 6th. They both turn 82 this spring but you would never guess it looking at them or with all the activity they do. When Grandma had her uterus removed the DR said she had the body of a 60 year old.


My grandparents...


Oh and it is 27 degrees below 0 currently and this is warm to what they say tomorrow is suppose to be like. I HATE WINTER!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh ... MAN!! It has no place to go but up, huh?!! Keep me posted on how your grandparents and mom recover!!